Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Miley Cyrus Thought She'd Die Without Liam Hemsworth


Miley Cyrus opens up about her battle with depression and on how she used to think she'd die without a boyfriend in the new issue of Elle magazine.
The 21-year-old who cancelled her concert in Charlotte last night due to sickness, told the fashion mag that being "free of" Disney and ex Liam Hemsworth has made her a stronger person.
The May issue of the fashion magazine features Miley in a sequined Marc Jacobs ensemble and highlights the "Wrecking Ball" singer's emotional growth and maturity in the last few years of her tumultuous personal life.
"When I went through a really intense breakup, you know, I was engaged, and when I was with him or when I was on Disney, the thing that gave me the most anxiety was not knowing what to do with myself when Disney wasn’t there to carry me anymore or if I didn’t have him. And now I’m free of both of those things, and I’m fine. Like, I lay in bed at night by myself and I’m totally okay, and that’s so much stronger than the person three years ago, who would have thought they would have died if they didn’t have a boyfriend," Cyrus reveals.
Despite criticism for not being a good role model, Miley says she feels a connection to her fans that motivates her. "I have guys and girls that come out, and they’re like, ‘The only reason I’m able to admit that I’m gay is because you’ve made me feel like that’s okay.’ That is so intense, because that is a part of this generation, it wasn’t always accepted, and I feel like I am a big part of that change. Or they know that I’ve struggled with depression, and that helped them get over theirs. That gives me a big purpose, a reason to wake up in the morning that’s bigger than to put on my f*cking feathers and my little outfits.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Forget To Click The Like Button :)
×
blogger