Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Julia Roberts Opens Up for The First Time About Half-Sister's Death


On Feb. 9 Julia Roberts faced the tragic death of her sister Nancy Motes due to an apparent drug overdose.
Now, two months later, the Oscar-winning actress is opening up about her loss for the first time.
Roberts broke her silence in WSJ. Magazine's May issue.  "It's just heartbreak," she described the sudden passing of her 37-year-old younger sister.  "It's only been 20 days.  There aren't word to explain what any of us have been through in these last 20 days.  It's hour by hour some days, but you just keep looking ahead.
"You don't want anything bad to happen to anyone, but there are so many tragic, painful, inexplicable things in the world.  But any situation of challenge and despair, we must find a way, as a family," she continued.  "It's so hard to formulate a sentence about it outside the weepy huddle of my family."
Family is one of the most important aspects of life for the actress who is married to Danny Moder with three children, twins Hazel and Finn, 9, and Henry, 6.
"By the time Danny and I had kids, I had accomplished things and felt secure about that part of my life," Roberts explained.  "I was so joyful moving into the family phase of my life in a sincere way."
Now the actress and her family live quietly in Malibu unlike many other Hollywood families.  "We're grateful for the sense we have of being like any other family down the street.  I don't question it."
Roberts went on to explain," I don't consider myself a celebrity, how it is fostered in our culture today," she adds, "I don't know if I'm old and slow, but there seems to be a frenzy to it.
"I think there is a dehumanization that goes with fame, especially in the present culture of it, which isn't the culture I started off in," she continued.  "There wasn't this analysis of every iota of every moment of every day.  Nobody cared what you wore, nobody cared what haircut you had, if you had on makeup or didn't, It's become this sort of sport."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Forget To Click The Like Button :)
×
blogger